9 Days Left – Advice?

• Creator
    Topic
    AJE
    Participant

I didn’t give myself much (enough) time for this test, but the test date is set in stone (flying out of the country).

I used Becker, skipped watching the lectures, skimmed through the book, and finished all the homework (just finished yesterday). I now have 9 days left including today.

My thoughts on what to do (any advice would be great)

Day 1: Becker Final Review B1 (videos + homework)

Day 2: Becker Final Review B2 (videos + homework)

Day 3: Becker Final Review B3 (videos + homework)

Day 4: Becker Final Review B4 – B6 (videos + homework)

Day 5: Comprehensive Formula Review Day (just write, write, write, write formulas all day)

Day 6: Progress Tests (B1-B6) 150 questions

Day 7: Take a practice test + review what I got wrong on the practice test

Day 8: Progress Tests (B1-B6) 150 questions

Day 9: Review + Written Communications Lecture

I got nothing else to do until my May 15th test date so just trying to effectively use my time until then.

FAR 91 - 04/16
    BEC 87 - 05/15
    REG 77 - 07/27
    AUD 92 - 08/31

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would do some diagnostic progress tests on day 1 to identify weak areas. Hit the weak areas until you are scoring 80ish, and then go back and do comprehensive tests again until you are nearly blind.

I wouldn't spend much time on the WCs unless you are a poor writer. Even then, I'd just nail the concept of intro, supporting paragraph(s), conclusion. And be sure to repeat “key words” from the question a few times so the computer picks up on the fact that you are addressing the subject at hand. I didn't practice a single WC in my prep, and I scored “stronger” in my score report on them.

As for the formulas, memorizing them is good, but make sure you get plenty of practice at actually applying them to questions. It's interesting because the Becker book uses notations for a lot of the formulas, but the exam doesn't, and if you don't know the elements that the notations actually represent, you may be SOL.

law0915
    Participant

Redo the MCQ for 1-3 and 5..4/6 if you have time & to skim the IT stuff and appendix/definitions. That's one chapter of MCQ a day. The day before practice the formulas again and go through the pass keys in the book. I didn't see any benefit in the final review videos for AUD or the questions that wasn't already available in the regular course.

REG 77 Feb14
    BEC 13*, 79 Aug14
    FAR 64**, 76 Nov14
    AUD 89 Feb15

*Exited exam after first testlet
    **Only studied F1-F6 out of 10 Becker chapters

Licensed Arizona CPA

AJE
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the words of advice. It's pencil grinding time – see everyone in 8 days!

FAR 91 - 04/16
    BEC 87 - 05/15
    REG 77 - 07/27
    AUD 92 - 08/31

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.