2013 vs 2014 Becker Review Course

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve set my mind on purchasing the Becker Review courses to help me prepare for the exams coming up next year. FAR in Feb, AUD in April, REG in July, and BEC in October is what I have in mind on when to take the exams. I’ve put at least 2 month intervals for me to prepare well for each sections. All these exams are being offered in 2014 and I don’t want to wait until November to start studying for these sections (2014 version is not out yet) so what I’m asking is should I just purchase 2013 version to get a head start or are the materials in 2014 that crucial for me to wait until it comes out? I don’t want to purchase 2013 and find out that its missing information that will be on the exam.

Also, if I do get the 2013 this month do you guys recommend me studying for all four parts before taking the first part or study each section as they’re taken. I don’t know if I’ll have enough time to study all four parts and concentrate on FAR before Feb, it sure will help.

I plan on spending at least 8-9 hours a day studying. Any tips are appreciated as I’m really new to this CPA thing.

EDIT:

I didn’t sign up for the exams yet. Do you guys recommend signing up first or later like a month before each exam to see if I’m prepared or not. I would love to sign up later but IDK if there will be any space.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually ordered just FAR and BEC for 2013 (though I am planning to sit for them in late October/November time) and then I ordered the 2014 version for the REG and AUD. When I talked to the girl on the phone she told me that they will send you updates if anything really changes.

I know you are taking all the exams in 2014 but if you really feel anxious about starting to study then maybe order just one for 2013? That's just what I did 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually ordered just FAR and BEC for 2013 (though I am planning to sit for them in late October/November time) and then I ordered the 2014 version for the REG and AUD. When I talked to the girl on the phone she told me that they will send you updates if anything really changes.

I know you are taking all the exams in 2014 but if you really feel anxious about starting to study then maybe order just one for 2013? That's just what I did 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

That actually sounds really good. Order FARS and BEC, then when 2014 comes out get the rest. I will do that haha. I know that REG might change a little over a year but would BEC??

Anonymous
    Inactive

That actually sounds really good. Order FARS and BEC, then when 2014 comes out get the rest. I will do that haha. I know that REG might change a little over a year but would BEC??

Anonymous
    Inactive

The girl did tell me that if there are significant changes to the text they will send you an update. Who knows if that's true or not as I have read horror stories about Becker trying to get more money out of you lol I do know that during your 18 month study program you get all the updates to the software.

Just remember though that whatever section you download on the app starts your 18 month window I believe, just something to consider. Maybe pick whatever test you are doing first and only purchase that one for 2013? 🙂

I struggled with this too so I feel your pain lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

The girl did tell me that if there are significant changes to the text they will send you an update. Who knows if that's true or not as I have read horror stories about Becker trying to get more money out of you lol I do know that during your 18 month study program you get all the updates to the software.

Just remember though that whatever section you download on the app starts your 18 month window I believe, just something to consider. Maybe pick whatever test you are doing first and only purchase that one for 2013? 🙂

I struggled with this too so I feel your pain lol

@AlexmKim11 you should send in your transcripts and all that mumbo jumbo to the your state's board of accountancy. It usually takes them about 4-6 weeks to process everything so it's better for you to start now, and be able to schedule your exams.

I'm using Becker 2013 right now, and I also have the 2012 versions. Between the two, they're almost identical with a few extra added stuff (not including audit).

I don't think there will be much of a discrepancy if you choose between 2013 and 2014. Both will give you the knowledge to prepare for the exam.

REG = 58 (02-20-13), 75 (05-01-13)
    AUD = 67 (05-29-13), 79 (08-29-13)
    BEC = 83 (07-31-13)
    FAR = 72 (10-29-13), 69 (02-27-14), 73 (04-16-14), 81(08-13-14)

Study Materials = Becker 2013 + Wiley Online Test Bank
    (75%) On my Way to a CPA (minus the experience requirement)!

@AlexmKim11 you should send in your transcripts and all that mumbo jumbo to the your state's board of accountancy. It usually takes them about 4-6 weeks to process everything so it's better for you to start now, and be able to schedule your exams.

I'm using Becker 2013 right now, and I also have the 2012 versions. Between the two, they're almost identical with a few extra added stuff (not including audit).

I don't think there will be much of a discrepancy if you choose between 2013 and 2014. Both will give you the knowledge to prepare for the exam.

REG = 58 (02-20-13), 75 (05-01-13)
    AUD = 67 (05-29-13), 79 (08-29-13)
    BEC = 83 (07-31-13)
    FAR = 72 (10-29-13), 69 (02-27-14), 73 (04-16-14), 81(08-13-14)

Study Materials = Becker 2013 + Wiley Online Test Bank
    (75%) On my Way to a CPA (minus the experience requirement)!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.