4 days out from FAR…feeling burnt out

• Creator
    Topic
    YouTooShallPass
    Participant

Taking FAR on Saturday, and feeling like my brain is fried. Been studying full time since the beginning of Feb and feel fairly decent, trending around 75 on ninja, and scored 67, 78, 87 on Becker mocks. Went through the AICPA sample as well.

Im finding it super hard to keep a clear head during these last few days and just feeling mentally exhausted. I want and need to continue drilling MCQs and practice sims, but just finding it so hard to not get bogged down by the minutia details and waste time mastering topics that wont show up.

Any advice for these final days? Sections to emphasize? I have a massive binder i compiled with notes and outlines for each Becker section, and screenshots of skills practice, would it be worth skimming through this or spend that time drilling mcq?

AUD - 89
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 82
    REG - 83
    The end is near
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

I always tried to skip all MCQs the day before the exam to try and get my mind as fresh as possible.
    Instead of MCQs or SIMs I would skim the book/notes the day before the exam. Focusing in on bolded words, highlighted words, mnemonics, charts.
    That sort of thing.
    Final Push!!! Good luck!

You never know what you're going to see on the exam so no point in telling you what to focus on. Just make sure you get sleep, eat right, and give you mind a chance to clear and digest.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

YouTooShallPass
    Participant

Ive seen a few people suggest that approach and i think thats what my Friday will consist of, skimming through highlighted material, charts, examples, just as you suggested. Praying this will be the end of this journey for me!!

AUD - 89
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 82
    REG - 83
    The end is near
    Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

My review the last week consisted of going through each section of Becker and getting 10 or so MCQ in. For any areas I was weak on, I'd look over my notes or skim the book for that chapter if I hadn't taken any notes. Then I'd do a few more MCQ until I felt good about it and move onto the next chapter. You will be surprised at how much ground you can cover this way.

I also used Ninja and looked over my progress report to see which specific areas I was struggling in the most. I'd hit the book hard on those areas.

Mainly, don't waste time on the areas you already know well. And I wouldn't do any MCQ the day before the exam. Maybe just watch a few of the Skillmaster videos.

Be happy, you're in the homestretch.

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

Sam
    Participant

Almost there, just keep at it. “NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN!”

AUD - 92
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 91
    REG - 93
    CPA in Wisconsin
    Cruz818
    Participant

Just my two cents – make sure you get out and exercise. Go for a long walk, lift some weights, run – it sounds trivial, but it'll make a difference. Never underestimate physical activity to clear the mind.

Four months and out!

Wiley for FAR/BEC.  Wiley + Ninja for REG/AUD

FAR - 77 (2/2018)

BEC - 79 (3/2018)

REG - 78 (5/2018)

AUD - 86 (6/2018)

laslow
    Participant

I agree with Cruz. I made going to the gym part of my study plan. Every test for me was different on how I spent the last day but I would refresh myself in whatever area that was needed. Getting some physical activity, or the company of a questionable woman, can help you focus in on those areas.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    Laslow

Using Roger's lectures and mcq. Ninja mcq, notes and flashcards.

"Power is only bestowed upon those who are willing to lower themselves to pick it up."                - Ragnar Lothbrok

Recked
    Participant

the company of a questionable woman… LOL

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Tncincy
    Participant

@YouTooShallPass You got this. Relax, listen to audio if you have it and get it done. Nerves is common. Well you know because you passed the other three so why not this one. Please let us Ninja's know how it went. Good luck.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.