CPA Exam Pass Rate Statistics

I was perusing the Uniform CPA Exam's official website – cpa-exam.org and found something that I didn't know existed…archived webcasts.

According to these webcasts:

41-45% of all candidates who sit for a section pass it.

Thought: This is interesting because the people taking these exams aren't just people who casually went to the center, signed up, showed their 2 forms of signed ID and took the exam. These are people who went through the trouble to get their 150 hours…get their NTS…pay the exam fee…drop a grand or more on review materials and sacrifice valuable time preparing for the exam. Taking the CPA Exam isn't something you just stumble into – it's an intentional process and if you have an NTS in your hand, you haven't taken it lightly.

AT BEST, 45% of these CPA candidates passed their exam section, leaving the other 55% wondering what went wrong.

Basically, if you fail a section…congrats: you're an average CPA Exam candidate.

Related Posts

NASBA & AICPA Invoke Emergency CPA Exam Testing Period Due to Coronavirus Covid-19

“In anticipation of the reopening of Prometric test centers and in response to the COVID-19 situation, NASBA, AICPA and Prometric have made the decision to invoke an emergency testing period. We understand candidates are concerned about their testing options and, therefore, we are implementing this emergency testing period to provide additional testing opportunities. As part […]

Prometric Closings: January 28

  Prometric has closed some testing centers due to winter weather. January 28, 2015 Bangor, ME 5119 Boston, MA 5135 Boston,MA 5235 Brockton, MA 5194 Brookline , MA 5332 BROOKLINE, MA 5331 Burlington, MA 5855 Concord, NH 5148 Cumberland, RI 3903 Glastonbury CT 0048 Glastonbury CT 5480 LOWELL, MA 5180 North Andover, MA 2504 Warwick, […]

Prometric Closings: January 27

  Prometric has closed some testing centers due to winter weather. January 27, 2015 ALBANY New York 5110 Allentown PA 1710 BANGOR Maine 5119 BOSTON MA 5135 Boston MASSACHUSETTS 5235 Bridgewater MA 7569 BROCKTON MA 5194 Brookline MA 5332 Brookline MA 5331 Brooklyn New York Unites States 5204 Brooklyn NY 5203 Burlington MA 5855 Clark […]

Prometric Closings – January 26, 2015

  Prometric has closed some testing centers due to winter weather. January 26, 2015 Allentown, PA 1710 Boston, MA 5135 Boston, MA 5235 Brooklyn, NY 5204 Brooklyn, NY 5203 Canton, MD 5001 Clark, NJ 5858 Clark, NJ 5871 Clarks Summit, PA 1736 Columbia, MD 0084 Hamilton, NJ 4113 Hamilton, NJ 4114 Lancaster, PA 1731 Laurel […]

Leave a Reply