2 wks till AUD exam–last minute help from those who PASSED & those preparing

• Creator
    Topic
    leebird
    Participant

This exam is coming FAST!! I passed FAR in Nov with 83–after 3.5 months of prep. I have only had about 10 weeks on this one and am slightly nervous. Please tell me there’s no comparison between this and FAR.

Also, I cannot understand how this is a 4.5 hour exam. What gives?? Seems little exorbitant. Is that amount of time required, typically?? And what about simulations? i had roughly 40 mins each on FAR and felt “rushed”.

Lastly, I have read chapters 2X and skimming them again. MC have been worked fairly strong, just maybe less than I had hoped. What do you think about this strategy?

Any help much appreciated. I try to contribute my advice, and if I pass will be on here writing to candidates.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I still remain puzzled as to why AUD is 4.5 hours and REG is 3 hours. AUD is the exam where candidates generally aren't rushed on time. I had all the time in the world on my simulations (spent over an hour on each, mainly on the written communications) and still finished with over an hour to go. Alternatively I finished FAR and REG with around 10 minutes and 5 minutes to go, respectively. Some people do take the entire time for AUD but there isn't a binding time constraint like on some of the other exams where you feel compelled to move forward.

s_montgomery
    Participant

I have just started on AUD. I remember my professor told me to make sure I memorise the unqualified auditors report. I plan I writing it before I start the exam along with maybe a review and compilation report. It seems to me like if you know those then you should get every question right from chapters 1 & 2 of becker.

Also FYI testing has been extended into March, if you feel the need to reschedule. Good job with FAR, maybe you can use your score analysis to decide if you need to change your strategy for the simulations.

Just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there

-BEC 83- AUD 77- FAR(sooner)- REG (soon)-

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did the Becker practice exams in a bit under 2 hours each. I forced myself to go very slowly on the actual exam and still had a good chunk of time left at the end. It would have been well over an hour sooner had I not decided to re-write from scratch one of my written parts during my final proof read.

I didn't bother memorizing the standard audit report word for word. Being familiar with what is in each paragraph and how it changes for different events was plenty for my exam.

The GaJone
    Participant

I also am taking AUD in 2 weeks and also cannot figure out why that exam would be 4.5 hours compared to 4 for FAR. The FAR MC were often quite wordy, contained info that was not needed to answer the questions, and involved calculations, all of which led to taking a significant amount of time compared to the AUD questions which are in general short and straightforward. I'm using Becker and on average the first time through the MC took about 2 minutes to answer 3 questions and I nailed them at about an 80% clip, while the FAR questions took way longer and I'd be lucky to get 65% right on average the first time through.

I'm only giving myself 5 weeks and about 10-15 hours per week for AUD, but with 12 days to go before the test I already feel a hundred times more prepared for AUD than I did for FAR.

FAR: 81 (1/20) AUD: 88 (2/27) REG: 91 (4/19) BEC: 75 (5/20)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.