[AUD] 2009/2010 Changes

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

My test is tomorrow and I am completely stressing, of course!

I started reading the blog and realized that there has been recent updated for A5. I don’t have much time to study, so could someone please tell if there is a major topic that has been changed.

Is this the first time they will test the new A5?

I’m a little lost, any help would be truly appreciated!

Thank you and good luck to all Audit sufferers!!!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    strider4216
    Participant

I took the test in November, there was also an update for A5, I didn't even look at it despite being told to by Becker, I just didn't have enough time and couldn't deal with the stress. I ended up passing so I don't know if that helps you at all, on my test there really wasn't much material from A5, but everyone is different, just giving my experience.

Personally I hate updates, they're too stressful and too much material and often conflicting with the original stuff you learned, I've never actually taken a good hard look at the updated material…i think they should just offer software updates instead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much for your answer! At this point I don't think that I have time really relearn the material anyway, so it will have to be what it's going to. The test is in less than 24 hours!

I am just worried that the new testing didn't come into effect in November because the update is dated September 09, so it would make sense that they start testing new info in 2010. Aw well, wish me luck!!!

strider4216
    Participant

good luck! i have BEC tomorrow so I'm working my ass off last minute too….hopefully this will be my last one 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best of Luck to You! Last One! I dream of the day! :))) this is my second one (but hopefully the last time taking audit!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm a little foggy on the specifics (took it in November last year). They changed some of the definitions on something relatively minor. I do recall there only being one MC question from it and it should be easy to eliminate 2 or even 3 of the answers just based on your knowledge of how the other questions are worded.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Dale,

I just took it today. I am relatively new to the forum and just spent some time reading people's posts.

Is the test adaptive? I passed Reg and I don't know if the testlets got harder or not. I feel like I was concentrated on getting through that I didn't really think about it.

For audit, i felt a considerable difference in difficulty between my first and second testlets, the third one seemed to be somewhere in between first and second. Some questions were totally out of left field.

I used the entire 4.5 hours, not sure if it's a good thing, considering most people seem to have gotten out after 3 hours or less. Granted I am not an auditor by trait and didn't even take audit in school, so this was my fist experience with the subject. To be honest, I am freaking out a bit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The test is adaptive except for BEC. If you felt good during the first testlet and then felt like you got your butt kicked in the 2nd that typically means you are doing well. I felt the same way that 1st was decent, 2nd was killer, and 3rd just didn't seem as bad after the 2nd. I take this to be more that I was getting numb to the whole thing.

With AUD I took all but about 10-15 minutes of the time. I've struggled with the written parts in both AUD and REG and I spent an ungodly amount of time on each of my written parts in AUD since I had the time to spare.

On the bright side, AUD seems to be one of the sections that the fewest people have issues with. Based on what you said about the difficulty of the testlets I imagine you did good to great on the MC. If you did well on the MC then an average go at the sims should be enough to push you over the 75 line without too much issue.

I came out of my AUD test feeling ok. I thought I did good but was a bit worried. I felt that I had gotten between a 72-78. Basically I thought I had passed or if not it would be close. I ended up with a 94. This test is horrible for being able to judge your performance. This is probably why most of us obsess over the score releases.

Good luck and grats on being halfway done. I'll be bitting my nails with you at the end of February waiting on the score releases.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I already checked the score website twice today! I know it's insane and there's nothing but somehow it makes me feel better.

Here's to both of us passing!!!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.