[Q3] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 47

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 1,389 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    NYCaccountant
    Participant

@Iddy Good luck on your exam.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

BEACPA
    Participant

Took AUD on July 5th. I used Becker to study. I reviewed all of the lectures. Worked all of the MCQs. Then I reworked about 1,000 of the MCQs. I did the SIMS twice. I took 3 progress test. I also took the two practice exams and did fairly well. I was shocked to find that a vast majority of the MCQs on the real exam had hardly anything to do with what I studied and I studied “everything”! The sims were also very fuzzy. My computer locked up on me twice while in the SIMS section and the 2nd time they moved me to another computer. I was able to pick up where I left off with the SIMS with exception of having to reenter the answers on the tab that I was working on. Just a little stressful.

I just answered the questions to the best of my knowledge. I wish eveyone else the best on their exam.

FAR - 2/28/14 PASS Praise be to God!
    AUD - 7/5/14 PASS Praise be to God!
    BEC - 11/29/14PASS Praise be to God!
    REG - 2/28/14 PASS Praise be to God!

iddyrashy

So I just got back from the exam. In simplicity this is what happened, the first test was just general questions that I recognized from test bank, then the second test was a little harder, I flag about three questions. The third one was tough, heavy tested on Internal Control, I can say it was like internal control exam. (lol).

Then goes to SIMs, 2 research questions they were straight if you have little knowledge about codification, then one JE question, then one ratio question (this was tough), another one was on independent impairment (not too bad but confusing).

Overall, mix feeling.

In the end practice Ninja more, I did almost 89% of Ninja questions, because of roughness they can prepare you at the crazy scenario that CPA will test you.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forum Disclosure Rules & FAQs

Iddy, if I were you, I would read #9… and then edit my post. Just a heads up.

mjp44

Quick question. So I know that PCAOB was founded with SOX (governed by SEC?)and sets the auditing standard/procedures for issuers (public companies) and I know that the SAS (goverened by AICPA) sets the auditing standards for non-issuers (private companies). But i am confused with where GAAS comes into play. Do they apply to both issuers and non-issuers…and which one takes precedence?

FAR- PASSED (11/13)
    REG- PASSED (2/14)
    BEC- PASSED (5/14)
    AUD- PASSED (8/14)

If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it isn't, you will find an excuse.

NYCaccountant
    Participant

@Iddy Sounds like you did well. By the way, You def violated those disclosure rules LOL. I'm pretty sure your post will be deleted or edited out. Do you think Ninja prepared you well for the exam?

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone have some last minute advice for me? T-minus 14.5 hours and counting….

And it's do or die… again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Relax and get a good nights sleep, CPA!

iddyrashy

@ NYCaccountant definitely on MCQ I think Ninja give you a good picture of tough exam. Sims depends on how much you know the material bottom line.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

tgwadez11
    Participant

Hey guys. Took AUD back in May, failed. I believe the SIMS got the best of me. Could someone possibly explain to me how certain factors/situations outside the company and within the company affect Audit Risk. I understand what inherent risk, control risk and detection risk are (broadly speaking), but I got super flustered when I got a SIM giving me detailed situations and how these affect the different risks. Thank you

AUD (PASSED) - 56, 91
    BEC (PASSED) - 80
    REG (PASSED) - 68, 74, 77
    FAR (PASSED) - 78

Anonymous
    Inactive

Day One of studying today!

Took REG last week.

Chris
    Participant

@_Nick_

I'm in the same boat. I'm bummed about how long it will take to get the exam results from the beginning of the window, but time to move forward and hope for the best.

I have no audit experience. Does anyone here have any advice on how to attack this exam? I did fine in college, but it was one class.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 88
    Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams.

Licensed in NH. Working in MA.

NH CPA
    REG: 07/03/2014 - 88
    AUD: 08/30/2014 - 73 - Retake 10/16/14 - 86
    BEC: 05/31/2015 - 77
    FAR: 08/08/2015 - 64 - Retake 11/23/15 - 77

Becker*NINJA Notes/MCQ*

Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
    Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams ~ Kanye West

Anonymous
    Inactive

@FAtoCPA,

I'm looking to test for AUD end of July/early August since I have started full time.

FA? Were you a financial advisor or financial analyst? Why are you making the switch to CPA?

iddyrashy

tgwadez11@ quick Audit Risk can be affected with Entity, Environment and Internal Control. Entity and Internal Control this is what you refereed within the company. Definitely you will agree if the internal control is weak then the risk for either error or fraud increase, if the entity is facing legal challenges such as patent infringement then they're daily operation is at cross road and that affect audit risk.

Outside can be area like industry, say you're auditing a newspaper company and you're seeing how online news is increasing market share that can increase the audit risk on areas such as revenue. So, both outside and inside risk can cause Audit Risk to skyrocket.

I hope it make sense. I better go back to study REG. Lol

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

NYCaccountant
    Participant

@Iddy You only finished 89% of Ninja? Did you do questions over and over? I think that's what I am going to do until exam day. I've seen all the questions at this point.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 1,389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.