I failed AUDIT 4X..ANY HOPE? 72..74..69…AND NOW 73..IM TIRED

• Creator
    Topic
    nycbig4winner
    Participant

I AM TIRED OF FAILING AUDIT..I USED BECKER FOR THE FIRST 3 AND I WAS CLOSE..I TOOK MY AUD EXAM 8/27 USING BECKER AND WILEY TEXTBOOK HOPING IT WILL GIVE ME THE EDGE BUT I FAILED AGAIN..I AM HOPING TO TAKE THIS EXAM AGAIN NEXT WINDOW..THIS IS KILLING MY ACCOUNT..SHOULD I BUY YAGER CRAM FOR AUDIT? START A NEW HOME STUDY? EVERTIME I LEAVE I FEEL LIKE I HAD PASSED BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE…IM FRAUSTRATED…I ONLY PASSSED ONE…PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE??

src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

It's been over a month since you took your exam. If you're going to buy a Yaeger AUD product – get the HomeStudy. The best combo is to do the HomeStudy and then the cram before you sit.

I had 74/74 on REG and I still got the Yaeger REG HomeStudy.

You only have one section left…you'll be done with this exam soon enough.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    rhiania80
    Participant

nycbig4winner:

I just failed AUD and BEC for the second time. I had been using BISK, and I just purchased the homestudy from Yaegar. I am eager to pass and determined. After reading and getting advice from Jeff – maybe this will help me get through the exam. I plan to sit for AUD the end of October and BEC the end of November. I did pass FAR/REG with Bisk, but the other two have been giving me trouble. Keep me posted on your next exam date. I can't give us – I am halfway, so I will keep trying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What parts of Audit are you really struggling with? Maybe we can give you some helpful tips to nail down the areas where you are weak. Sometimes just hearing something explained a different way can make all the difference. Let's say you are really stuggling with sampling, well then even if only 5 people responded with a tip that helped them wrap their brains around it, one of them might work for you and you will never forget the concept. Just an idea…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hang in there. I know what it feels like when you are so close. I failed FAR – 70 and 66 but took a live Becker Review in PA where the instructor also teaches. Got an 83 and finally passed my last part REG on 8/31. You will eventually pass. Don't let it discourage you. As someone told me a long time ago, you only fail when you fail to try.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I realized that with audit I needed to just memorize the entire Becker book. Know your reports inside and out. Once you know all the material the homework mcq's get a lot easier. Work on reading whatever book you are using multiple times. Good luck!

MNCPA10
    Participant

I would use Becker and do the multiple choice over and over. I just took audit 2 weeks ago and there were atleast 10 questions that were WORD FOR WORD the exact same questions that Becker had. Even the companies and names in the problems are identical. Also study the compilations and reviews really well.

zooyuka
    Participant

If I were you I would just buy Gleim's Auditing software. It has roughly 2,000 questions. You obviously know the material, you probably just need to practice more questions. I am sure the Becker questions aren't even helping you by now. You probably can pick out the answers without reading the question.

BEC 71,77
    REG 65,85
    FAR 7/1/13
    AUD 8/24/13

OnePointAway
    Participant

Zooyuka,

Do you know how much the Gleim software costs? I have the Gleim book from 2004 which I checked out from the library. I hope the software has more or different questions than the book. What do you know about this?

jeff
    Keymaster

“Do you know how much the Gleim software costs? I have the Gleim book from 2004 which I checked out from the library. I hope the software has more or different questions than the book. What do you know about this?”

You're using a book that was written in 2003 to study AUD???

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    OnePointAway
    Participant

Yes, I noticed that the questions in the 2004 Gleim book are the same as in the current 2009 Wiley book. I also saw many of these same questions in the current 2009 Becker.

jeff
    Keymaster

There are updates that went live in 2008 that if you study the old way – you will get your answers wrong on your exam.

Look at the AUD Wiley book from Amazon…it's $25! How much is a new NTS…$200?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    OnePointAway
    Participant

The 2009 Wiley book was my primary source of the MC questions. I answered all those questions at least 4 times. I am interested in the Gleim software MC questions but my recent experience tells me that they will probably be the same questions as in the $25 Wiley book.

jeff
    Keymaster

probably so – they buy their questions from the same source (the AICPA) usually.

Gleim may have some “in-house” questions in there too.

You're fine with just using the Wiley book MCQs in my opinion.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    OnePointAway
    Participant

Jeff,

I like Wiley a lot. However, I took AUD for the second time Oct. 27. I did well on the MC but my big worry is the sims. They were written in a confusing way and I might be in for another 74. If I get another 74 then I may consider hiring a tutor. I have already had Becker and I don't want to take that again. I might try Yeager since it worked for you. Do you know how much Yeager costs for AUD?

OnePointAway
    Participant

Jeff,

I just saw the link on this site for Yeager so you can disregard my question about the Yeager cost. Sorry!

src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.