Took Audit today 02/05/10

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I took Audit today for the second time after failing it back in November, missing it by 3 points. And this is my last section, and will/would have 1 more attempt at it before losing credit on FAR in June.

I went a lot slower today, buy really have no idea how I may have fared, and actually feel worse this time around. I felt the MC were a lot harder. The 2nd testlet was definitely harder than the 1st, and the 3rd was somewhere in between the first two.

The first simulation didn’t seem to bad and I feel I probably scored well on it. But the 2nd sim’s written narrative seemed way off base. I’m hoping these weren’t new sims, and I’m stuck waiting till March to find out. Pretty sure I nailed the research.

Talking about sims, and I’ve said it again in my comments at the end of the exam. I have NEVER been able to get the copy and paste feature to work in the simulations, and always forced to split screen the views and retype information. Is there trick to using it?

Overall, I feel my score could range from a 60 to 85.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    AnotherFutureCPA
    Participant

All the best to you, I hope you pass with flying colors 🙂

I took AUD on the February 4th. My simulations were rather difficult, and I ran out of time. I spent too much time rereading the questions in the 1st two testlets. The research portion was a piece of cake. Just search the key issue in the problem, and scroll down.

Do you know when in March you will receive the results? Is it by email or physical mail?

Anonymous
    Inactive

March will be the Wave 2 score release, probably around the 3rd week of the month, but it will be the same score release process as always, with the AICPA releasing results, and then Nasba posting them a few days later. Jeff will post those predictions as it gets closer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

AnotherFutureCPA – Was this your first exam? Are you familar with the score release? I apologize if not since your response gives me that impression. After I took my first exam, I was totally lost about the score release until I found this website. AICPA or NASBA does not really give any detail information about the score release. Based on your exam date you should be in Wave 1 release unless you get a new simulation and only the AICPA knows that. Good Luck on your AUD exam.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too took AUD on 2/5/10 after getting a 74 on it in November (wow…we're similar.) The first testlet was okay (not easy but not difficult), the second and third were much more difficult. This time I used the Yaeger technique though. If I didn't know the answer, I determined what TYPE of answer each one was:

example:

a) is a substantive test

b) is a substantive test

c) is an analytic

d) is a substantive test

So my answer must be “c”………I didn't do this in prior exams. I always tried to wrack my brain and gut through which answer was right/wrong by re-reading it multiple times.

I agree with you on the Sims. My first SIM was fairly straight forward with no curve balls. My second was way off base (don't just think it was a “test” SIM) my fear is that it was information I was supposed to know….but didn't!!

PLEASE let me pass…..I don't want to take both AUD and FAR again in April/May 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I felt the exact same way…My first sim was okay, at least I knew what it was talking about. The 2nd, I had no clue, my study book didn't even mention it. Glad I'm not the only one.

WULAX14
    Participant

i just got out of AUD…my first section. i thought it was much more difficult than i anticipated and definitely saw some things i didn't come across while doing the yaeger review. hopefully those were my “guinea pig” questions as i call them. my sims sound similar to what you all described…first one straight forward and i feel i did really well, second one was a little quirky but i still feel i did pretty well.

i did the same thing as you cpawannabee…yaeger has definitely helped me with the process of eliminating answers to increase the odds of picking the most correct. and i feel the same as you muldoon…60-85 sounds about right for what i'm expecting lol. oh well, no use worrying since its out of my control now. time to take a week or so off then get into REG.

AUD 79
    REG 77
    BEC 75
    FAR 77

FINISHED!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you felt the 2nd and 3rd testlets were much harder than the 1st then you were probably doing well. Adaptive tests are evil.

Anonymous
    Inactive

cpawannabee… Yep, were both in the same boat with Audit our last sections, and failing it by small margins that first time, I know a 72 was hard to swallow, so that 74 must have been a hell of a lot worse. And I know neither of us wants to go and take FAR again either.

Jeff's currently predicting a Nasba release date for Audit of Feb-17. So keeping those fingers crossed, and hopefully we'll both get passing grades in a week.

financeguy
    Participant

Audit was my first exam, and FEB 17 is my b-day. Its either going to be a really good day, or a really bad day.

AUD - 81, BEC - 74, 80, FAR - 82, REG - 81
    Done!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.