Working while waiting for Big 4 offer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #2898447

    I have a job to start at a big 4 firm in summer of 2020. I just graduated and am studying to pass my CPA but also want to find a part time job since I need the money. I am from a very small town and this CPA firm that has less than 15 employees asked me to help with some busy season work. Can I not work for another CPA firm while waiting to start with a big 4? These 2 are not competitors at all but definitely wouldn't do it if it could jeopardize my job with big 4.


    Not a bad idea to ask your recruiter if it's okay to do some seasonal work before you start just to make sure, but I am pretty confident it is okay.
    As long as the small firm knows you're only there to help for the busy season, I think the arrangement is a win-win-win.

    AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 89
    REG - 80
    Manager, Big 4 Corporate Finance, CPA (WA)

    I’m waiting to start at a midsize later this year and when I was given my offer, I was actually encouraged to work at another job in the meantime(I have a long wait between the end of my internship and starting full time). Unless your contract states that you can’t work anywhere else, I highly doubt this will be a problem.

    AUD - 79
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 82
    REG - 89
    I didn’t come this far to only come this far
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.