12/19 Score Release - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    vkarthi5
    Participant

Hope all is well

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jasondonofrio
    Participant

@Vkarthi5 Thank you and I hope for an early release, I've been checking NASBA since i got out of prometric LOL

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    successfully roundhouse kicked the cpa exam
    jasondonofrio
    Participant

@I Can And I Will how do you feel you did? I also took REG and feel terrible about the SIMS, i think i did really well on the MCQ though. I only feel good about 2 sims

AUD - 81
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    successfully roundhouse kicked the cpa exam
    Rob
    Participant

4 daysss!!!!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 98
    FAR - 96
    REG - 94
    I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures.
    Nate
    Participant

If I passed AUD I’m done! Would be a very nice Christmas present for my wife ha, getting her husband back…

I agree that the MC were tough!! Hoping the simulations make up for it — felt pretty good about those.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 89
    REG - 90
    Baby due in March... pressure is on!!
    TardashiSho
    Participant

I am so ready to know if I passed Reg. I took BEC November 26th and amazingly passed with an 89. I am so sick of being consumed with studying that I figured I would cram for a week and take my best shot at Reg for the possibility of finishing this year. I feel like I can never gauge how I did when leaving the test center based on the content of the exam. I think I have a good chance of passing if I compare it to my Bec experience. Reg was only slightly more difficult.

BEC 68 (2008), 89 11/19

FAR 79 12/18

AUD 84 7/19

REG 🙏🏼 3/20

parveen.asia
    Participant

I took BEC on 12/10. my first test-let was really hard and second one wasn't bad. I heard that means yo didn't do well in first one. SIMS and WC was okay. I felt very prepared going in exam But was thrown off with a lot of random MCQS, and none of those covered the main topics I had study for . did anyone had similar experience? passed based on their experience? I am very anxious to know the result.

Journeyman
    Participant

Parveen,

You’re over thinking it. The second testlet can’t get easier because moderate level difficulty is the lowest tested which is the level of the first, it can only be equally as difficult (on average) as the first or harder. On Reg, it felt like the second testlet was easier, but it was because the questions were very specific and tested a lot of nuances I happened to know (the simulations were brutal though, straight petrifying and I know I got some wrong 100%).

BEC… if you feel good on sims and WC, that is a somewhat strong indicator that you passed. I’d put money on you passing.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 78
    REG - 87

parveen.asia
    Participant

Journeyman

Thank you. I hope so too. it's my last section. can't wait to be done.
    Good luck to you as well.

DocJ
    Participant

“hopefully the next time around I'll get more reasonable Sims, those were brutal”

LOL, like there's such a thing as a reasonable SIM :p

Pounding out MCQs really is the best way to go. The test is set up in such a way that you don't even have to get all MCQs right for a full 50%. IIRC, if you do well on the 1st testlet, you get a tougher 2nd testlet but those answers are worth slightly more points. Get 50% or close, and you can afford to suck it on the SIMs and still pass.

Even then, the Research Question is a giveaway, and one SIM is a pretest. That leaves 6 other SIMs, and you're looking for 20ish points out of those (assuming the Research SIM is 5ish points). I mean, that's basically just 3 or so you need right

…At least that's what I keep telling myself to be able to sleep at night. Nailed my 1st testlet and got a harder 2nd one that went just okay, and I'm pretty sure I got the Research Question right. But holy crap man, ALL the other SIMs were epic fails.

I'm getting a 74, aren't I? :p

Rob
    Participant

3 days

AUD - 80
    BEC - 98
    FAR - 96
    REG - 94
    I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures.
    coffees56
    Participant

@journeyman I recently listened to an interview with someone from the AICPA about the scoring process and pretest questions. The questions on the exam are easy, moderate, and difficult. If the testlet is moderate that is the average difficulty of all the questions in that testlet. You can actually get easy questions in a harder testlet as well. I think this is why some people report not being able to tell if they got a harder second testlet or not. I know that's happened to me. The questions have a numerical value based on how well test takers performed on those questions in the pretest process and the ability of the test takers, meaning are people who are actually prepared for the exam able to answer this question. I think something I didn't realize is that pretest questions can actually be easy. The interviewee said that sometimes they find out in the pretest process that questions are actually TOO easy for the exam and, as a result, will not be included on future exams.

Journeyman
    Participant

Does anyone have a legitimate understanding of why the process for getting scores back takes so long? What would be some obstacles of say a 3 day turnaround or even immediate score after testing?

AUD - 87
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 78
    REG - 87

CPAJuice
    Participant

My experience was exactly the same as yours. Very difficult first MCQ testlet that didnt seem to mirror what i studied for. 2nd testlet was easier and SIMS and WC weren't too bad. Felt pretty well prepared going into it. Hope it turns out okay!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 83
    REG - 89
    Milksteak
    parveen.asia
    Participant

glad to know I wasn't the only one.

ezakipocky
    Participant

2 more days hell ya

FAR 85
    REG 87
    AUD 89
    BEC 89

AUD 7/3
    BCE 81
    REG 7/15
    FAR 8/18

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 295 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.