FAR – Feb 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    future CPA 1985
    Participant

Dear all,

I’m taking FAR on 2nd week of Feb 2021.
    Can you share your FAR experience?
    Is there any particular topic heavily tested?
    Thanks in advance

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 92
    REG - 88
    FUTURECPA_1985
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

Master classification, presentation, and essential journal entries, this is absolutely necessary to pass FAR.
    Contingency, consolidation, investment in bonds or stocks, items that go under other comprehensive income, and depreciation. You never know what you will get but in my experience, mastering intro and intermediate accounting are essential.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

LD-407
    Participant

Good luck to you on your FAR exam. That one was brutal! I passed FAR back in June of last year, so I'm not too sure if this is still relevant, but I recall only having a couple of MCQs on govt. accounting, a few on nonprofit accounting, at least one on leases, with the majority of the MCQs as CPAHOPE described. I remember feeling that the AICPA exam sample test had a couple of similar TBSs compared to what was actually on the FAR exam, so make sure you check that out: https://www.aicpa.org/becomeacpa/cpaexam/forcandidates/tutorialandsampletest.html

It took me 3 times to pass FAR, I didn't pass until I switched to UWorld Roger CPA review, so if you're using them too, I highly recommend going through their MCQs 3-4 times and their TBSs at least a couple of times during your review. That's what helped me finally pass that exam! I didn't submit my exam until the last minute, so make sure you keep an eye on the time. So grateful to be past it, good luck and hope you pass it!

LD
    future CPA 1985
    Participant

Dear LD-407 & CPAHOPE,

Many thanks for your suggestions. I'm taking my exam tomorrow. Wish me good luck.
    Will update you on my exam experience the day after. 🙂

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 92
    REG - 88
    FUTURECPA_1985
    future CPA 1985
    Participant

Dear LD-407 & CPAHOPE,

My FAR exam was ok. MCQs were very difficult for me. But Testlet3,4 & 5 I managed it well.
    I'm not confident about MCQs but SIM i can tell I did well.
    Keeping my fingers crossed. Lets see. I will update u guys once I get my results.
    If I pass FAR, I am done with my CPA. 🙂

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 92
    REG - 88
    FUTURECPA_1985
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

Time to change your user name from future to current CPA ! HAha good luck! Im pretty sure you passed if you did well on simulation questions.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

future CPA 1985
    Participant

Dear CPAHOPE,

Many thanks for your encouraging words. Keeping my fingers crossed. 🙂

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 92
    REG - 88
    FUTURECPA_1985
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.