FAR CPA Exam Scores: October-November 2009

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,367 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    halfCPA
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Do you know if I will automatically be in Wave 2 if I had all unrelated simulation tabs? I'm not sure if this is the new norm as it seems to be happening more and more. Just trying to figure out if I have a long 2+ month wait ahead of me!

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

HalfCPA:

It does not necessarily mean you are in wave 2. I had unrelated topics on my sims for AUD, REG and FAR. I took AUD and FAR in the beginning of the testing windows and was in wave 1. I took REG after the cutoff for wave 1 and was in wave 2 not 2.5 (or 2a).

halfCPA
    Participant

Thanks gman7589! It's nice to know there is hope for Wave 1 — an almost 3 month wait would just be terrible!

ahmed83
    Participant

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I hope some one to guide me please, I'm going to take my FAR next Nov and I wish to know which sim I should focus.

I opened the prediction website but I didnt understand what useful it is, can any one help?

Thanks

jeff
    Keymaster

ahmed83 – welcome to the site!

The score predictions will become more relevant in November as people await their scores. I had several requests for them early, so I posted them.

This post will be more applicable for you right now…I created a discussion area for people taking FAR this window.

FAR – October-November 2009 Window

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard that the BEC scores were already released by NASBA for this window, does that mean FAR should be earlier than predicted too??

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the early release of BEC swings in line with FAR. Are we looking at a possible Thursday release by NASBA for FAR scores?

jeff
    Keymaster

Mac – yeah, probably Thursday-ish.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Patrick909
    Participant

Oh god…..here we go. It would be a huge boost for me for AUD 11/30 if I received news of a passing FAR grade. I did well on my first two exams, but I am past caring about that…..I would gladly accept a lower passing grade, I just want this to be over with.

I do think that *if* I pass this one, it will have been on the lower side of passing, I don't anticipate anything in the 85-90 range like I pulled on BEC-REG.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm with ya Patrick, FAR is my last exam and I wasn't pleased coming out of the testing room. I'm honestly expecting to bring study material to Christmas to prepare for a Jan. re-take. Maybe Christmas will come early….

Mat
    Participant

I am with you guys, the suspense is killing me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel the same way, didnt't come out of FAR thinking good things. I think I nailed the communications but he rest of the sims were a complete blur, not to mention I couldn't get either research question somehow. The MC were fair I thought but I know if I passed it will be in the 75-80 range. I'm 2 for 2 though getting thru REG and BEC first try, I'm taking AUD Nov. 30, does anyone have any specific advice, especially regarding the sims?

This is my last one too. WIth my luck, it will be the last one released, and there will probably be NASBA tech. difficulties!

TampaAccountant
    Participant

Hey, Patrick909, I took FAR on Friday 13th, November……man that was the most difficult exam in my life!

You previously said you had many Govt&NFP MCQs, I believe I only had about 7 MCQs instead of the 20%. Many MCQs came out of left field in subjects that were not covered in my review course.

Unlike REG and AUD; all of the FAR testlet was super difficult; the SIMS were OK but I ran out of time on the 2nd SIM and missed 2 Tabs.

I'm not sure if I should just continue to study FAR again or wait for a miracle…..

Patrick909
    Participant

“You previously said you had many Govt&NFP MCQs, I believe I only had about 7 MCQs instead of the 20%.”

I don't know, I probably had somewhere between 7-10, which seemed like a lot to me. But, like you, I also had quite a few left field questions on subjects I did not expect to be heavy-tested.

I'm still thinking I could go anywhere from 73-80 on this one, the second and third testlets were brutal. But who knows……I'm pretty certain I entirely bombed one sim back in REG, I didn't have a clue – and I ended up with a 90. The FAR sims I encountered were both much more fair than one of the sims they threw at me in REG.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.