No Simulations in Wiley 2009 FAR Textbook

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone else noticed that in the Wiley 2009 FAR text there are no practice simulation problems for Modules 19 and 20, governmental and not-for-profit accounting? The problem is that there can be simulation problems on this material. I know this because I emailed NASBA and they told me that governmental and not-for-profit can be tested as MCQ or simulations. Any thoughts on how to prepare without simulation practice?

I'm using Yaeger DVDs and I think they even stated that there wouldn't be governmental simulation problems in 2009? Any solutions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

I am not a proponent of studying sims, but if I were going to study sims – I wouldn't practice a gov't sim. If you can open/close a period well enough for the MCQs – you can do it in a sim.

Just my opinion…

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You are going to get something different on the exam, anyway. I agree with Jeff, but I would also practice writing memos.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'd bet $20 the email you got was a stock response because as of two months ago NPO and Govt topics were not sim eligible. That's why they appear so frequently on the MCQ's.

TampaAccountant
    Participant

Yuck, that's rare to have Govt/NFP. It's so rare that I'm not even going to study for Govt/NFP when I take my exam in Jan!

jeff
    Keymaster

I just had to delete a message b/c of disclosure…had to do it.

Up until a few months ago, Gov't and NFP were not eligible to be tested as sims. At the time of the Yaeger 2009 video filming, they were not eligible.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.