[REG] Exam Prep and Score Releases: January-February 2010

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,628 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I typically give myself a week a lecture then 3-4 weeks to do a final review. So right now I”m not happy with Becker not shipping my REG study material and not notifing me the shipment would be delayed. I had planned to start studing Sunday night to stay on track for a 2/2/10 test date.

glutenator
    Participant

I am retaking REG in January, but just took it in October, and only really messed up on the Sims, so I think about 30 hours of study will be good to review. At least, I hope! I got a 67, so I'm not that far away.

I'll Pass Eventually
    REG (67, 66), BEC (79), FAR (5/26/10), AUD (August 2010)

jeff
    Keymaster

glutenator – I'll just be real with you…a 67 isn't as close as you think.

A 67 is the AICPA's way of saying “hey – there is definitely potential here, but there's a lot of work to be done…”

A 71 isn't even that close and I know this because I scored it several times.

I think you have 100 hours ahead of you instead of 30.

I would go through a full blown review course from start to finish.

I'm just calling it like I see it…i want you to be successful on your next exam.

Just my unsolicited opinion,

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    glutenator
    Participant

Thanks, Jeff. I really appreciate that. I'd rather hear it for real, than to be disappointed again in January. I can still manage 100 hours of prep between now and then. It only will delay my start of FAR studying, which is just fine with me.

I'll Pass Eventually
    REG (67, 66), BEC (79), FAR (5/26/10), AUD (August 2010)

AARON
    Participant

Jeff/Glut

I received a 74 in the November window… is this the AICPA's way of saying “We want to ruin your life?”… in all honesty however, what is your advice for someone who received a 74 on their first REG sit… study harder? or polish up? or give up? Any advice would be helpful. I plan to begin starting again as soon as I finish my law school applications and sit for the LSAT this Saturday (12/5)…

Thanks in advance.

? AUD - 87 (8/12/09)
    ? REG - 77 (1/15/10
    ? BEC - 77 (1/6/09 - Expired) / 79 (11/18/10)
    ? FAR - 75 (2/11/11)

jeff
    Keymaster

glogo – you may or may not know, but I scored back-to-back 74s on REG.

My 2nd 74 cost me my FAR credit. One more exam point and I would have been done with the exam. Instead, I was back down to only 2 passed.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    ksf105
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

I asked this question on the forum before this one.. I took REG yesterday (1st exam) and don't feel extremely confident.. I'm more confident that I'll have to retake it. That said, would you suggest I sit in Jan (is that allowed?) and pretty much redo the entire course start to finish? Or continue with my scheduled courses? I think I can relate to what you wrote above, about “faking it” and pretty much in those same exact areas. I'm using Becker right now but after reading alot of the other reviews I'm thinking I might need to supplement it with some different material..

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everbody,

Is it true that law is weighted 40% of the REG exam ? Is it fixed a percentage or variable

Regards

jeff
    Keymaster

ksf105 – yes, you can sit again in January if you need to. Hopefully that won't be the case, though.

I would consider the Yaeger REG HomeStudy if you come up short on REG. Phil goes into detail on those topics…I don't know if anyone else goes in depth on like-kind exchanges with a liability involved like Phil does.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    jeff
    Keymaster

francois – yes…law/ethics are approx. 40% of REG.

It will seem like every other question is on these topics.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah law and ethics are my favs but I scored lower in them for some reason

MAC75
    Participant

Which tax rates should we know for Jan/Feb. 2010?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got my Regulation book in today and it's about 2.5 times the size of the book used for BEC. It's going to be a long December!

MPoni123
    Participant

i am using Becker 2009 study materials and my REG and BEC book are about the same. maybe they added a whole lot of new stuff for REG 2010!!! is that the edition you have now?

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

zena
    Participant

MPoni123, I don't think CapitalGains is using Becker. I just got the Becker 2010 REG book and it is about the same size as the 2009 BEC book.

FAR 86 | BEC 94 | AUD 90 | REG 85
    All done! used Becker

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,628 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.