[Q3] REG Study Group 2014 - Page 47

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 1,445 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kimboroni

Working out and sleeping both help you study more effectively. No guilt!

Off to martial arts now šŸ™‚

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

8:00 is fine for me too. I usually study from 6:30-11:30 on Tuesday nights so I can get some individual study in beforehand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, this is my first time taking REG and I'm beyond overwhelmed. Do you really have to know all the various limits, thresholds, and wacky 10% of modified AGI not to exceed 1% for every 3 chickens that a joint filer has of qualified expenses from 1984 to who the heck knows when….!!!

Honestly I don't know what to do with this section. I'm using Wiley and at least hope that the test questions are somewhat comparable since all I can do is remember whatever rule shows up when I get questions wrong –though I can't really conceptualize any of it. I think FAR was easier =/.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was told not to focus on all the thresholds because they can change and the AICPA will not want to continually update their test bank for every threshold change. I am focusing on the percentages more than the amount thresholds because they don't seem to change as much. I love your analogy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

From someone who took the test this window, I'm happy I didn't waste time with the thresholds.

Amay

Are the only refundable credits ACE? American Opportunity education credit, Child tax credit, and Earned income credit?

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! šŸ˜€

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently šŸ™‚

iddyrashy

Quick question for those who are using Becker self study, how long it take you to complete R1 to R7, just studying the material? I just started the other day and the notes is too much, I start to debate if it is worth to use Becker or jump on CPAexcel. My number one enemy here is time, I have 7 weeks to exam. I want to finish all the material by early July and start solid on reviewing and hammer MCQ.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

Anonymous
    Inactive

7 weeks is more than enough if you're studying full-time.

Melans

Test date creeps closer, with each passing day I feel less prepared.. Ugh. I hate the final week countdown.

AUD 7/30/12 73; 12/2/13 85
    BEC 7/19/13 81
    REG 8/2/14 83
    FAR - Jan 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK guys. Quizzing starts soon. Join us if you can. My first question is really more of a need for an explanation. No matter how many times I read about consideration I just don't get it. Can someone put in simple terms, the meaning of consideration?

Amay

Let the party begin! I didn't get to go over corporate tax questions like I wanted by tonight but I will just work on them simultaneously.

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently šŸ™‚

Amay

@mama without looking at a def., consideration means either cash, property, or item with value given/received in an exchange or transaction. I will look for the fancy definition now šŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

That's it? I hate all this legal mumbo jumbo. Thanks!

Amay

What section is that from? If related to contract, it could also mean the promise to do something as stated in the contract. For example, I promise to paint your house if you give me $500. Painting your house will be consideration to you and the $500 will be consideration to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Question 1–Jeffrey Dean, a Masters Degree candidate at some college was awarded a $15K scholarship from the college in the current year. During the current year, he paid the following expenses:

Tuition–$12K

Books–$1K

Fees–$500

Room and Board–$1,500

In addition, he received $6K for teaching 2 undergraduate accounting courses. What amount must be included in Dean's gross income?

A 0

B 6,000

C 7,500

D 21,000

I don't have the official answer to this so I'm hoping we agree. šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 replies - 691 through 705 (of 1,445 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.