10 day away from FAR re-take (I\'m loosing it)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anna
    Participant

I took my FAR on February 17,18 and I did horrible. To be honest I was not ready, and I went and took the exam anyways because I felt like I could be never ready for an exam like that. I went back and worked my some of my flaws from the first time. Now I’m 10 days away from my re-take and I feel like I’m still not ready. I honestly don’t know what to do at this point because FAR is the first section I’m tackling and I’ve honestly spent a lot of time with the material. I really don’t know what to do. Any Advice??

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    KJ
    Participant

I took FAR in 2016 twice and failed. Both time I felt I was not prepared and thought I can never be ready for these type of exams but the fact is you need to know it all. Life events happened and I took break and now I am thinking of starting to go at them again. From my experience I would say focus on weak area. If you have Ninja MCQ it tells what is your weak area.

When I was preparing for FAR I could never understood DTA and DTL but I came across a video on youtube and this guy explained so well that I could do them on my tips then. It also boils down to how you best learn the material.

Not trying to discourage you but I would not waste money and time if you are not prepared and will extend exam date.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

Remember: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

cpadd
    Participant

I'm taking it for the very first time in 16 days… I'm following Becker but I just finished all the topics. I will begin doing some MCQs and SIMS. Anxiety is my new best friend lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

As I replied to someone else yesterday, who is also re-taking FAR, you may be more prepared than you think. You most definitely learned some things from your first FAR taking – it's impossible not to. You maybe got an overly hard version of the exam last time around and this time, you could get a batch of easier questions on topics that you're stronger in. You've paid your money, and now you take it again. In between now and then, hammer the hard stuff, although don't neglect the easy stuff completely because they tend to sneak in the easier stuff that they think most people haven't studied much on (cuz it's easy!)

TerriSilva
    Participant

I'm in the same boat! I took it in December and it was SO bad…I ran out of time. I am re-taking it on the 25th and while I do feel much more prepared, there are still some things that pop up that I go blank on. Somehow I do much better on the sims in Ninja than Wiley – and the multiple choice are actually pretty equal though I do better on the Ninja ones.

Ninja helped me pass my AUD retake in March, though, so there's hope! I have to bring my score up 16 points more than I had to for AUD because my first AUD score was 73. I'm hammering MCQs every day and working the sims now that I'm closer to the exam date – I also plan on watching more of the Bob Monet videos again in the week before (which is next week!) He totally helped me with bonds!

We'll see what happens…I HAVE to pass! I can't bear to do this again and I have my REG retake on August 31. All must be passed by January 1, 2019 and I passed BEC (on the first try!) and AUD so far…

Good luck to us!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 75
    REG - 86
    California Licensed CPA as of August 19th, 2019!

Anna
    Participant

@KJ I understand, I don't want to take it and waste my money

@crazyleon I get what your saying, but I took a practice exam and I'm still not there yet, but I'll keep working on mastering my weak areas.

Anna
    Participant

@TerriSilva I also ran out of time the first time, but I want to ensure that I don't mess up as much as I did the last time. I'm more than likely going to change the date.

Becca
    Participant

I feel ya. I’m taking FAR 5/25, and I already feel like I’ll fail it unless by some miracle I get a testlet that relates to my duties at work. I’m very behind on my study materials, so I’m scrambling to get through all MCQs and hoping I have time to look at SIMs/answers before exam day. I’m using Becker and the MCQs are taking me forever. But, I’m not going to reschedule because I don’t think the extra week or two will help me due to my schedule/life. I’ve decided that I will just keep studying (not cramming) FAR after Memorial Day weekend until I find out my score, knowing I’ll probably have to re-take it in July or August.

I’ve read on here where people do awful on their practice exams and then score really well on the actual exam. I don’t take practice exams because I think it shakes your confidence. I’m sure you know FAR better than you realize.

My only suggestion is to not waste this window. If you reschedule your exam, still take it this quarter. Go with your gut during the exam/don’t second guess yourself.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 63
    REG - 81
    You only fail if you quit
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.