10 days til FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    allstr921
    Participant

Decided to give FAR a try even though was only 50% through the Ninja book to see if I can pass FAR before the exam change and the long wait. Its going to end up being a mistake as through my first 82 questions on MCQ I am averaging 40%, some questions I am getting wrong because I am not reading the question throughly and would have answered right if I just went slower but still way below the avg I need to get to. Should I just keep slamming MCQ for the next 10 days or do the ninja blitz or something, I have the 10pt combo. Will continue the ninja audio til test day….any tips, want to give myself a shot on test day. worse case I fail miserably but get the experience of taking the test and get my results in just 10 days instead of 2 months and an idea of what I need to study up on for the retake.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 72
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Ninja in training - FAR late April early May. Crammed and tried to pass FAR before the exam change, cut my study time 7 weeks short to give it a shot and almost passed, confident that I will pass my next time with knowing what I need to study for the retake. Highly motivated, lets get this team
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Namstut
    Participant

I almost want to say “go for it!” but seeing that this is your first exam I am a little hesitant to do so. But I would say keep working MCQs and see what progress you make in the next week and then make the decision. At least you will know you gave it your all.

Just keep in mind that one FAR exam is not like the other. Different topics can have different weight in different versions of the exam. You can definitely use the exam as your time-management assessment tool.

Personally, I am planning on going in knowing that I am not going to be fully prepared. This is my last section and if I get lucky and get the exam that covers the topics I know this might be my finish line. There are many Ninjas who are cramming it in to take the exam before March 10th as this is their last exam.

Good luck!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

All Done!!!

AUD 7/6/16 Passed
    BEC 9/3/16
    FAR TBD
    REG TBD

Anonymous
    Inactive

The new format for FAR isn't going to be much different, it doesn't sound like. 72 MCQ instead of 90, and 8 Sims instead of 7. This is a crazy period of time for those trying to cram them all in before March 10th and I don't envy anyone who is doing it hahaha I always tell people like you to use your cram time on Govt and Nonprofit, and do not ignore IFRS. They will throw a lot more questions about those three areas at you than you would probably ever expect, especially when they have 90 MCQ to play around with on this very last run of the old exam format before it changes.
    Best of wishes!!!!!!!!!

allstr921
    Participant

Thank you for the tips. figured since its my first one would give me the experience i need and an idea of where im at if i dont pass especially that i would find out in 10 days and not when im studying for my 3rd exam. its definitely a long shot but hey, im a gambling man lol just want to give myself a shot to get lucky. the 40% score started to freak me out but got alot of mcq ahead of me

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 72
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Ninja in training - FAR late April early May. Crammed and tried to pass FAR before the exam change, cut my study time 7 weeks short to give it a shot and almost passed, confident that I will pass my next time with knowing what I need to study for the retake. Highly motivated, lets get this team
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.