14 Days to Review for FAR?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

As the title says, this is my first exam an im not so sure how to approach it.

I Should be done with F10 by next week, leaving me around 14 days including weekends to review that past material? Is this too little time or too much, I’m not sure. So far I’ve been studying for pretty much 4 weeks on FAR.

My original plan was to go back and spam MCQs on topics that I did poorly on. I’m usually in the range of 60% – 80% on the MCQ except for the income tax, averaging around 70%. The only topic that really dumbfounded me was the income tax portion. Should I focus on this topic and really try to perfect it or just be decent and focus on other things?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    waffle_house
    Participant

14 days should be enough to review. However, have a game plan going into your review and stick to it. Try to squeeze in a lot of simulations, they're usually a good indicator of how well you know the material.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 84
    REG - 76
    Exams started Sep 2014 -Exams done Mar 2017

Texas CPA

I put in work, it was evident

Anonymous
    Inactive

The SIMs I got on FAR some months ago were crazy hard…or just crazy. If I were in your place, I'd focus on SIMs too. There comes a point of diminished returns on MCQ. You can only do so many of them before they just become tiresome – it's the same format over and over and over again. At least with SIMs, you get a variety of possible formats.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.