72 on Audit – Retake Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – sat for audit 12/8 after studying for 5 weeks roughly 20 hours a week and got a 72. Not sure where to begin on restudying. I don’t think I need to start over again but struggling to figure out if I continue to do MCQ and practice SIMs and just take notes as necessary on those. I can’t imagine reading the Wiley book over again, and I think I learn better by doing MC. I use CPAExcel and Ninja MC solely. To those that have been within points of passing, what did you do differently for your retake to get you over the 75 hump?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Stilgoin
    Participant

I know it sucks and you don’t want to hear this, but you need to start all over again. It is likely you will score less the next time if you don’t do it all from the beginning. To answer your question, repetition and reaffirming the details, specifically the wording, was key for me. I did the NINJA MCQs mixed until I was trending above 80%.

Stilgoin, CPA

There are enough critics. Be an encourager

B | 62, 78
    A | 73, 67, 79
    R | 82
    F | 59, 59, Waiting

Ethics | 93

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    ~Winston Churchill

“In a world full of critics, be an encourager."

Anonymous
    Inactive

@stilgoin Thanks for your reply. I want to make sure I pass this time so starting over within Wiley and switching to Ninja towards the end as a final review like I did previously is probably best to ensure (hopefully) I don't have to retest again.

Kimberly
    Participant

Because Audit had arguably the least material, I went through Wiley again for my retake, which I did pass. I was able to slam through it in 2 weeks and do 2 weeks of review. Clearly if there is a video for an area that you know well, you can probably skip it. But I at least read the notes for each section just so I had a little bit of a refresher. I remembered a lot, but I think I knew it for my retake even more after going through a second time. Good luck!

BEC - Passed

AUD - Passed

FAR - Passed

REG - Passed

BEC/AUD - Wiley + Ninja / FAR - Surgent / REG - Wiley/Surgent

Paydirt123
    Participant

I'm retaking AUD for 3rd time after passing other 3 on first try. I think starting over is correct, while applying the “skill” of “skimming” past the content you already know, and focusing on reading verbatim the content you are unsure about

AUD - 84
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 80
    REG - 85
    Took the long way, but I got there
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you all for your input! Going to skim over the material and continue with doing MC while working in SIMs and really focus on the topics where there are gaps in my knowledge of the subject. My score report had me weaker in Sims but stronger in MC. I was either stronger or weaker – no comparable for any. Stinks to have to start back at square just about but will only be beneficial in the long run. Good luck!

Q
    Participant

I didn't pass Audit the first time I took it. While studying for the retake I started from the beginning of my previous notes and went through all the MCQ in Wiley & Becker and Another71 MCQ. I also wrote out the the Ninja Notes 5 times that helped a lot to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I started to go through the notes I have and also the Ninja Notes. Reset my status in Wiley and Ninja so it's like I'm starting fresh and can hopefully see clearly where my weaker areas are.

fxbinbin
    Participant

@paydirt123 i hope you'll pass this time

AUD - 85
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 82
    REG - 91
    Way to go
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Everybody is different. I got a 72, took FAR, then retook AUD. I skimmed through the book again, and hit the MCQs hard. I didn't go as in depth as some people recommend. MCQs are the main thing imo, I just learned a lot more from them than anything else.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.