Score Release Window for Q2 2017
February 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm #1452474
is anyone else freaking out about the score release time for Q2 2017? If you take the exam in April you are not going to find out results until mid Aug. This is really unfair especially for those who have credits for previous exams that are set to expire towards the end of 2017 beginning of 2018. (the credits should be extended 4 months due to the time to calculate the new test)
Say i take AUD April 30, 2017. I have to wait all the way until Aug. 16-18th. What if that is my last test what am I supposed to do. By the time i find out the results, there will only be 2 weeks left in Q3 and probably all the dates will be reserved. So now I have to wait until Oct. to retake the test.February 2, 2017 at 12:37 pm #1452516
I agree, it is very unfair. I'm really hoping I can be done with these exams before the end of this window. That way I don't have to go through the torture of waiting all summer for a score.
I also think it's even worse for those who will be loosing a score in Q3 because they will not have time to retake an exam if they fail in Q2.February 2, 2017 at 12:57 pm #1452533
Yes. It's atrociously handled. I made an effort to pass all exams in 6 months. But if I don't pass one of my last two, the stupid release date pushes me to 1 year. Then I essentially have two more attempts to pass before FAR expires. Ridiculous.February 2, 2017 at 1:13 pm #1452549
Its awful – I have three parts passed and I am sitting for my 4th before the exam changes but …. In the scenario where I don’t pass I would normally have 2 shots to retake the exam and would be in very good shape. Yet my first exam expires in August – and a 10 week grading period scares me – it is head scratching how anyone could justify not extending a credit window to those who have credits on the line. I realistically have 1 shot left after my scheduled exam ? If I sit and take my exam April 1st am I supposed to wait 10 weeks not knowing whether I am done or do I continue to study not knowing whether I am done with this exam or I have to prepare to scramble after I get my score .. wait 48 hours… register and get my NTS …. And somehow schedule a hail marry exam all in the matter of a 2 week window or so?
If my credit expired under the normal 18th month window I would have no issue – but this is a huge potential bump in the road that is completely unfair
any suggestions would be helpfulFebruary 2, 2017 at 1:14 pm #1452552
Here are the release dates for the remaining quarters from NASBA Website:
Test dates: April 1-May 31, 2017 Score Release: August 16-18, 2017
Test dates: July 1-September 10, 2017 Score Release: September 22, 2017
Test dates: October 1-December 10, 2017 Score Release: December 22, 2017
https://media.nasba.org/files/2011/09/Candidate-Bulletin-2017-Draft-05.pdf (On page 59 of 68)February 3, 2017 at 8:48 am #1453065
I take FAR in April (made a 73 last time) and if I do not pass then I could lose 2 sections. One expires in May and the other in August. I will either be done or go back to only having credit for one section. I can't imagine moving on from that. I'm seriously doubting I can.February 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm #1477299
Has anyone confirmed if you need to SIT before the date your old score expires or if you need to received a passing score before it expires?
my REG score expires on May 30th and I'm hoping to take FAR on May 25th. As long as I pass (even if I don't know until August) my Reg credit should still be valid correct?February 13, 2017 at 7:55 pm #1477557
Natalierose: I'm pretty sure you have to sit for the exam before your credit expires. It doesn't matter when you receive your grade, it matters when you actually took the exam.February 13, 2017 at 9:05 pm #1477612
Correct, it only matters when you sat for exam. That's the date they use to determine 18 mo window. I sure as hell hope anyone who has a credit expiring in 2017 Q2 passes regardless since the AICPA is going to take a min of 10 weeks and max of 18 to find out score.February 13, 2017 at 9:08 pm #1477627
CruzerParticipantFebruary 14, 2017 at 6:41 am #1477803
Certifguide is your ultimate source for preparatoin tools regarding certification exams training including PDF and practice test software guide.February 14, 2017 at 12:24 pm #1477993
The only thing I can suggest is to hound your state board like crazy! Do not take no for an answer. You deserve the 6 testing windows you were promised when you started the exam. The more noise we make, they will have to listen!February 14, 2017 at 12:53 pm #1478013
Especially when your credit expires 8/31 … which is fine but you cant tell me that I or anyone else isn't impacted by the 10 week score releaseFebruary 14, 2017 at 1:00 pm #1478016
My first exam expires 7/31 which is freaking me out. Hopefully theres some concrete guidance for all states soonFebruary 14, 2017 at 1:01 pm #1478022
You will get a grace period I believe – not sure how long of a grace period …. they should really extend all windows to compensateFebruary 14, 2017 at 4:48 pm #1478163
@iceman6 – I would contact your state board immediately! You won't even receive your Q2 score in time to test in Q3February 15, 2017 at 8:50 am #1478499
Yeah I called the PA state board and they said they aren't giving a grace period, so it looks like ill only have 2 shots at passing FAR before my AUD expiresFebruary 15, 2017 at 9:20 am #1478521
If you have like one section remaining to take and you have it scheduled in Q2, it might be worth the hassle and extra registration fees to just try and take the exam within Q1 for the hell of it. Regardless of where you stand with studying. Who knows, maybe you will pass and not have to deal with that ridiculous gap for receiving your Q2 score (plus not having to deal with the 2017 exam changes)February 15, 2017 at 9:32 am #1478530
Anyone know if you sit in Q2 can you sit in Q3 even if you are waiting for the 10 week delay from Q2? I have credit expiring Q3 jus curiousFebruary 15, 2017 at 11:24 am #1478599
You cannot register to take an exam if you have an open score pending. So you will be unable to test in Q3 until your Q2 score is released, which will be after credit expiration. I would try escalating with the PA board and contacting NASBA to see if they can do anything. It looks like the Illinois board is extending credits expiring in Q3 if the candidate has three exams passed and is testing in Q2. There is no logic in the state board not extending your credit other than them being lazy and not caring about candidates. 18 month window means you can test 6 times, this change is only allowing you to test 5 times.February 15, 2017 at 11:58 am #1478623
Im shooting NASBA an email, figured its worth a shot. This all will be moot if I pass in Q1, but would like some sort of a fall back plan if I dont passFebruary 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm #1478740
Yeah, a fall back plan, as in the normal amount of testing windows you are entitled to. Let us know what NASBA says. BOLFebruary 15, 2017 at 4:24 pm #1478782
The email I got was a picture cutout of a part of the “CPA Exam Update”:
“Candidates testing in the 2Q 2017 launch window may be impacted by the 10-week delay in score reporting. For example, candidates who have passed three parts and have credits due to expire in 3Q 2017 who test in 2Q 2017 and fail, would not receive their scores until Aug 14, 2017, making it unlikely they would be able to prepare for, or schedule to test in the remaining 3Q window. The board of accountancy is the only entity with the authority to grant extensions of conditional credit.
Nasba will provide reports to boards of accountancy, identifying all candidates who test in the second quarter of 2017 who have credit expiring and who could be impacted by the delay in score reporting. The determination to extend conditional credit will be determined on a case by case basis by the appropriate board of accountancy”
So it appears NASBA has no control, but the interesting thing is that they say itll be a case by case basisFebruary 16, 2017 at 12:43 am #1479067
Sounds to me like a what do you call it…. CONFLICT OF INTEREST!?!?!?!?! LOL, so the entity that collects a $50 registration fee every time you want to take an exam is the only entity with authority to extend credit? I get it, why allow a candidate 6 attempts at the exam when you can snub them with 5 attempts and collect an additional $50 after their exam expires. Probably even more money after your next credit expires from the delayed Q3 score release. Now that I think about it, this business model is genius! I think the DMV should close their offices for 4 months, then charge all owners that have vehicle license plate tabs (registration) expiring in those months a late fee for not renewing before expiration!
Might just have to throw in the towel and become a Charted Accountant.The Supreme Court of Canada released a decision in Bhasin v. Hrynew which revamps the understanding of how representations made during contractual negotiations are adhered to. This new duty of honest performance is a general doctrine of contract law that imposes as a contractual duty a minimum standard of honesty in contractual performance. It operates irrespective of the intentions of the parties, and is to this extent analogous to equitable doctrines which impose limits on the freedom of contract, such as the doctrine of unconscionability. For the defense of unconscionability to apply, the contract has to have been unconscionable at the time it was made; later circumstances that make the contract extremely one-sided are irrelevant. Sounds like you might get your extension in Canada.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.