If you haven't already received your score from the January/February 2009 testing window, then you are in Wave 2 of the score releases. Even still, some of you will not get yours when every one else does in Wave 2. Your score will come within 1 to 5 days later and it is very likely that you are borderline.
Most of the people who get their scores after Wave 2 fall in the 73-76 range. I have seen some people score very high after Wave 2, so this isn't always the case, but in general, this is what happens.
For those new to this little waiting game, the Illinois Board of Examiners site is the best place to go to see what is going on with score releases. Typically, IL, CA, and VA release their scores on their own state websites and NASBA follows suit with their score release one to two days later.
By no means is this a perfect science, but the margin of error on any given prediction should be no more than two days. With that said, sometimes they switch AUD and REG around, but you can bank on BEC being first and FAR being last.
I was 4 for 4 on my predictions for the first Wave, but usually I bat .500 and the ones that I miss are off a day or two.
Visit the Illinois Board of Examiners site here. They are very good about letting candidates know what's going on and usually update their site in close to real time.
Update 4/16/09: I was wayyy off for this Wave of releases. For one, BEC got delayed, which pushed everything back. Two, they released FAR second…they never do that…FAR is almost always last. I was 4/4 in Wave 1 and 0/4 in Wave 2. Go figure.
Here are my predictions for the Jan/Feb Wave 2 (NASBA) release…
- BEC Jul/AUG 08 Wave 2 release: 9/15
- BEC Oct/Nov 08 Wave 2 release: 12/17
- BEC Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 prediction: 3/17
- BEC Jan/Fev 09 Wave 2 actual: 3/18
- REG Jul/AUG 08 Wave 2 release: 9/16
- REG Oct/Nov 08 Wave 2 release: 12/18
- REG Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 prediction: 3/18
- REG Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 actual: 3/24
- AUD Jul/AUG 08 Wave 2 release: 9/18
- AUD Oct/Nov 08 Wave 2 release: 12/19
- AUD Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 prediction: 3/20
- AUD Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 actual: 3/23
- FAR Jul/AUG 08 Wave 2 release: 9/22
- FAR Oct/Nov 08 Wave 2 release: 12/22
- FAR Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 prediction: 3/23
- FAR Jan/Feb 09 Wave 2 actual: 3/20
Good luck everyone.