If you have any of these questions about the CPA Exam – this FREE book has the answers! Download it instantly – it comes straight to your inbox.
1. What section should I take first?
2. How do you rank the exams from hardest to easiest?
3. Im thinking about buying some used books from 2007. Any advice?
4. My 18 month window is coming to a close and Im about to lose credit for one of my passed sections. What if I take my exam, but dont get my score back for several weeks? Will I lose my credit?
5. I cant pass BEC! What should I do?
6. Information Technology is heavily tested on BEC and I hate it! Any tips on how to study for IT?
7. What was the main difference between your back-to-back 74s on Regulation and your 92?
8. I cant pass Auditing! Youre not an auditor how did you pass it?
9. Did you memorize the different audit reports in order to pass Auditing?
10. What are the areas of FAR that you think makes candidates stumble on exam day?
11. Do you have any nuggets of wisdom aside from the usual mainstream advice?
12. Ive heard that they are changing the CPA Exam starting in 2010. Should I wait to buy my review materials?
13. What is the best way to study for the CPA Exam with audio lectures?
14. I bought a cram course. When is the best time to watch it?
15. Im going through my review process and scoring low on multiple choice questions that I was scoring in the 80s and 90s on just a few weeks ago. Any advice?
16. What is the best strategy for scheduling an exam?
17. How long should I study for each section?
18. Im getting ready to take my first exam. What should I expect?
19. What is the best approach for attacking simulations on the CPA Exam?
20. I didnt finish my second simulation and left several tabs blank. Can I still pass?
21. I couldnt get my research tab to work! I thought I found the right text to insert, but the computer wouldnt accept any of it. Will this hurt me?
22. My exam ended before I could click DONE on my last simulation. Did my answers get saved?
23. I had computer problems during my exam. What should I do?
24. I finished Auditing with 30 minutes to spare. Should I be worried?
25. Shouldnt BEC be the easiest section of the CPA Exam? Its only 2.5 hours and is basically a rehash of everything we learned in college, right?
26. How many questions on the CPA Exam are pre-test?
27. Is BEC adaptive? I swear the questions were getting harder each testlet.
28. How do I know if Im getting the hard testlets?
29. Does your performance on the multiple choice questions have any effect on the simulations that you get?
30. I just took my exam and found it to be pretty easy. Should I be worried?
31. If I have to guess on my exam, what strategy should I use?
32. My boss keeps telling me how easy I have it now that I can take the CPA Exam on a computer. Is the exam easier than it used to be?
33. What is the difference between the AICPA release and NASBA release of exam scores?
35. I sat for my exam on _______. When can I expect my score?
36. What time of day do scores come out?
37. I didnt get my score in Wave 1, but I took my exam early in the testing window. Does this mean Im borderline or failed? Im freaking out! Please help!
38. My friend and I sat for the same section of the exam on the same day, at the same time, in the same testing center, yet she received her score in Wave 1 and I didnt. How can this be?
39. I scored a 74. Should I appeal?
40. I had to re-take a section and my old score was there online yesterday, but its gone today. What does this mean?
41. My diagnostic report says that I am comparable or stronger than the average passing candidate in all areas except written communication where I am weaker. If I am comparable or stronger in 90% of the exam compared to the average passing candidate how could I have scored a 73?
42. I received an advisory score and I PASSED! Its not going to change, is it?
43. I passed my final section of the CPA Exam. When will NASBA send me a confirmation letter?
44. I failed again and Im thinking about throwing in the towel. Ive been at this for
too long. I hate this exam.
45. How do I know if my state requires an ethics exam prior to getting my certificate?
46. I just sat for an exam. If I pass, Im done. How long do I have to wait before I can take my states required ethics exam?
47. My friend is an AICPA member and can buy the course at a discount. Should I order it through my friend?
Certification and Licensing
48. I just passed my final section! Im DONE! Can I call myself a CPA?
49. I have my certificate, Im licensed, and Im done! (Right?)
50. Should I expect to get a raise or be promoted after passing the CPA Exam?
Copyright © 2010 Jeff Elliott, CPA
All rights reserved worldwide.
No part of this e-book may be copied or sold.