Ask Jeff – Licensing Requirements

Have a question relating to the CPA Exam? Submit it to


I sat for and passed all four parts of the CPA Exam in New Jersey. I am going to be working however, in either North or South Carolina.

Should I apply for my CPA license in New Jersey and then get the paperwork for reciprocity in North and South Carolina? Where do I get the paperwork to have my work experience signed off? I cannot seem to find it!

Thank you!


Licensing requirements and navigating reciprocity issues among states can be very tricky, especially since states change things on a regular basis.

The best resource that I know of that keeps track of all of the states and monitors them for changes to their forms and licensing rules is will have everything you need all in one place.

I wish you success as a CPA,


Photo Credit

Related Posts

State CPA License Requirements


Have you lived, have you loved, have you mattered?

In April 2010, I said “goodbye” to the corporate world and decided to do full time. I left a $70,000 a year job to do it. Crazy, right? I wasn’t passionate about my gig in cubicle-land. I AM passionate about helping people pass the CPA Exam. I answer e-mails all day long from people […]

Free: Updated CPA Exam Score Release Guide for October/November 2010 Testing Window

Everything you need, all in one place – including the full list of predicted CPA Exam scores & results release dates for Wave 1 and Wave 2 October-November 2010. First Name Last Name Email Address * * = required field

Leave a Reply


Rey 13 years ago

Work Experience Requirement in NJ. -Private Industry: Does it need to be internal audit/SOX related projects to fulfill the work experience requirement in NJ as it is vague on the NJ State's website? If you have 6 months in public and work on some internal audit projects supervised by CPA Manager, from experience do you believe that would be sufficient? Thank you, Rey