In this CPA podcast, we cover how to get accounting experience for your CPA license (does it mean leaving your current job?), Mock CPA Exams being a waste of time, MCQ vs SIM Study (50/50?), and much more.
Have a question for the podcast? Ask Jeff.
1. I have taken BEC 4 times….. 68, 70, 71, 73. I am starting to get a bit stressed about it. I never did this poorly in college. I think I need to focus more and maybe just start the study process over for this exam. I do not want to have to retake AUD. That exam expires on 6/30/2022. I still have BEC, FAR, REG to complete. I am now going to commit more time to this as it is a priority for me. But I am considering switching to FAR, putting in the work, and taking it next. Then moving on to REG, then restudying for BEC and completing it. Do you think this makes sense? If not, could you give me your insight on a course of action? I appreciate your time and help. – Micah
2. Hi Jeff, I scored a 74 on the first FAR exam. I don't think my concepts are weak (except Governmental accounting, leases, and pensions) How should I solve MCQs on NINJA now, and how many?
3. Do I need to keep studying the books I got from Roger CPA or do I use NINJA CPA? I want to make sure I do not have to do both materials at the same time.
4. Combo: Do you have mini mocks instead of 4 long hours test if I can have 1.5 to 2 hours mini mock window? Is the NINJA practice exam a good gauge to see if you will pass the actual exam? If not, what is a good gauge on NINJA to see if you will pass the actual exam (trending score, overall percentage, etc.)? Nicole (Roger + NINJA)
5. Deborah (Another71 Forum) What is your advice on how to acquire two years of accounting experience for your CPA license if you are in a different line of work?
6. Just curious how you would recommend preparing for the simulation portion of the exam – Michael (NINJA Only)
7. I emailed you a few days ago before buying NINJA. I failed AUD 3 times now (60, 63, 67) and don't know what to do. I've done so many random sets of MCQ and sims in Becker, read the book, and did the MCQ and sims for each module. I don’t know where I am going wrong. I am retaking it for the 4th time. So, I have 10 days with NINJA before I take it. What do you recommend doing? – Mansi (Becker + NINJA)
(and many more live CPA Exam study questions)