Kristen is a [A71 product=”combo”]NINJA CPA blogger[/A71].
As I blankly stare at my computer screen, mulling over whether I am going to bed or going to study, I try to rile myself up by remembering why I want my CPA.
I mentally check the list, and dig deep to find the line item that will ignite the fire within…
- Job security: I love my job, and although I feel secure, having my CPA will help both me and my firm.
- Flexibility: Earning my CPA will allow me additional flexibility to find another job, should my family relocate– and not necessarily as an auditor.
- Respect: Having a CPA is a well-respected and recognized designation.
- Money: Who doesn’t want a bonus and potential for increased compensation?!
These obvious reasons are certainly driving factors. But there are others that I don’t routinely share with others:
- Proving it to myself: Self-doubt sucks.
- Providing better opportunities for my family: More money = larger college fund, more enriching travel opportunities, etc.
- Following through: This is not the first time I’ve aspired to pass the exam.
Well, flame on NINJAs – I am going to get my study on.