Nevada CPA Exam Requirements
Age Requirement: None
Citizenship Requirement: No
Residency Requirement: Yes
Social Security Number Requirement: Yes
Nevada CPA Exam Education Requirements
Education Requirement for Licensure: 150 hours (including B.A.)
Participates in International Examination Program: Yes
Exam sitting requirements: 150 hours (must complete education requirement prior to sitting for exam)
Experience requirements: 2 years of public accounting experience in accounting or auditing, finance, advising or consulting with clients on matters relating to management, preparation of tax returns or the furnishing of advice on matters relating to taxes; or 4 years experience in internal audit or governmental accounting and auditing considered to be substantially equivalent in the Board's judgment.
Ethics exam: Must pass an ethics exam within the past 3 years that was approved by the Board
-Criminal background check for all applicants.
Take The Uniform CPA Exam
After meeting the educational requirements set by the Nevada State Board of Accountancy you’re ready to apply for the Uniform CPA Exam.
- You may apply online or download the CPA Exam Initial Application form to mail at the Nevada State Board of Accountancy. Along with your completed application you must include:
-Official college transcripts (sent directly from your school to the Board)
-A recent 2” x 2” passport-sized photo of yourself
-Your preferred method of contact (email, fax or postal mail)
-Complete the 150 hour checklist (attached to the application)
-$100 application fee paid by check, money order or credit card (Checks are payable to the Nevada State Board of Accountancy)
Mail all of the above to: Nevada State Board of Accountancy 1325 Airmotive Way, Suite #220, Reno, NV 89502.
- The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) will send you a payment coupon after your application has been approved and forwarded to NASBA. You must use this payment coupon to pay all examination fees directly to NASBA.
- Once payment is received, NASBA will issue your Notice to Schedule (NTS) the exam.
- Schedule your exam at Prometric’s website. Nevada currently has testing locations in Reno and Las Vegas.
- Prepare for the examination and arrive on time at the test center on the scheduled date.
- Exam scores will be mailed to you when tabulated.
Candidates requiring special testing accommodations must request a modification form from the Nevada State Board of Accountancy. Once you receive the form, complete it and return it to the state board. Contact the state board at (775) 786-0231 to request an American’s With Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation form.
Nevada CPA Exam Fees
- INITIAL APPLICATION FEE $100.00
- RE-EXAM APPLICATION FEE $50.00
Fees made payable to the Nevada State Board of Accountancy. Nevada accepts payments by credit card, checks or money orders. The above fees are non-refundable.
AND: The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) requires the following additional testing fees based on the section(s) you are applying for. DO NOT SEND NASBA’S FEES TO THE NEVADA STATE BOARD OFFICE. You will be billed by NASBA for this fee after the Nevada State Board of Accountancy has issued your Authorization to Test. Testing fees are NOT refundable. There is no provision for withdrawing from the examination.
Auditing (AUD): $192.03
Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR): $192.03
Regulation (REG): $172.51
Business Environments and Concepts (BEC): $172.51
Phone Number: 775-826-6800
Fax Number: 775-826-7942
Toll Free: 800-554-8254
Address: 6490 S. McCarran Blvd D1-28, Reno, NV 89509
Phone Number: 775-786-0231
Fax Number: 775-786-0234
Address: 1325 Airmotive Way, Suite 220, Reno, NV 89502