Age Requirement: 19
Citizenship Requirement: No
Residency Requirement: No
Social Security Number Requirement: Yes
Alaska CPA Exam Education Requirements
Education Requirement for Licensure: 150 hours (including B.A)
Participates in International Examination Program: Yes
Hours in accounting: 24 semester hrs. or equivalent quarter hours in accounting (intermediate accounting can be included) and 3 hours each of business law, economics and college math/computer science.
Exam sitting requirements: B.A. or within 18 semester hours of completing B.A
Experience requirements: 2-years in public accounting or, 3-years in private or government accounting. All experience shall include 500 hours of attest.
Ethics exam: Must pass AICPA Professional Ethics Exam for initial licensure
Send any additional required information or documents to:
CPA Examination Services – AK
PO Box 198469
Nashville, TN 37219
Materials to be Submitted with Application
- Official transcript(s). Directly from each academic institution to CPAES.
- Certificate of Enrollment, if applicable. Directly from academic institution to CPAES.
- International Evaluation, if applicable. Directly from evaluation service to CPAES.
- International transcripts, if applicable, in your native language and translated to English. Directly from each academic institution to CPAES or as an attachment to your International Evaluation Report.
- ADA Accommodation Form, if applicable. Submission by applicant to CPAES.
- Verification of Licensure for CPA Supervisor Form, if applicable. Directly from the office of the State Board to CPAES.
- Verification of Supervised Work Experience form, if applicable. Directly from the office of the licensed CPA to CPAES.
Please allow two to four weeks from your file completion date (when application, fees and all additional required materials have been received) for your application to be processed. Acknowledgment of receipt of application will be sent to you via email, unless otherwise indicated. This notice is sent only as acknowledgment of receipt of application.If you have previously applied and sat but were currently enrolled in college at the time of application (Certificate of Enrollment form), you are NOT automatically considered a re-examination candidate.
Alaska CPA Exam Fees
All first-time applicants are required to pay both an application fee and an examination fee upon submission of the first-time application. All re-examination candidates are required to pay both a registration fee and an examination fee at the time of registration.
You are able to apply for one or more sections of the examination at a time; however, you are advised to only apply for a section of the examination if you are ready to take it within the next six months.
Application fee $175.00
Auditing and Attestation (AUD): $192.03
Business Environment and Concepts (BEC): $172.51
Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR): $192.03
Regulation (REG): $172.51
4 examination sections $85.00
3 examination sections $85.00
2 examination sections $85.00
1 examination section $85.00
Phone Number: 907-562-4334
Address: 341 W. Tudor Road #105 Anchorage, AK 99503
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 907-269-8160
Fax Number: 907-269-8156
Dept. of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
Division of Corporations, Business & Professional Licensing
Address: 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1500, Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone Number: 907-465-2550
Fax Number: 907-465-2974
Juneau Mailing Address: P.O. Box 110806, Juneau, AK 99811-0806
Address: 333 Willoughby Avenue, 9th Floor, Juneau, AK 99801-1770