All is not Lost: Taking Another Crack at REG

Ben is a NINJA CPA Blogger.

Hey NINJAs-

I’ve admittedly been delaying this post because I have no good news to report. Suffice it to say that my REG experience was a pure beat down, and I was on the receiving end.

I went into the exam knowing about 85% of the material pretty dang well, and the other 15% I was consciously lacking. It just so happened that, on the exam, I really got hammered on those weaker areas.

A silver lining was that, when I did receive my results from the state, it reinforced my belief that I was “Stronger” than passing candidates in 3 of the 6 areas of REG. However, I don’t remember seeing much of those areas on the exam. You win some, you lose some.

Maybe the worst part of failing a section is telling everyone you failed. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t volunteer this information, but most people in my life know I’m always studying, and are nice enough to ask about how my test went. They assume that, with all that studying, there’s no way that I could possibly “fail”.

Yet, all is not lost. I get another crack at this thing. I went into the exam with a wealth of knowledge, and I’ll carry that with me as I revisit my weaker topics.

I drew inspiration from Angel and Serena’s entries that were posted about a month ago. Angel wrote a great piece on failure: “always remember that missed goals are not missed opportunities. Instead, they are opportunities to do things better on your next try.”

I’m not sure what the protocol is on quoting other bloggers, but I figure that if Angel can quote Mark Twain, then I can quote Angel.

Also, Serena passed FAR and REG within a span of 13 days. Her back was against the wall, as her AUD credit was set to expire 2 days after her REG exam. She passed BOTH, and now she’s done with the CPA Exam.

Like Serena’s situation, I have FAR & REG to pass before my AUD credit expires in January. Which reminds me, I better get back to studying. I hope those of you waiting for scores get some good news in these next couple of weeks.

-Ben

Related Posts

New NINJA CPA Review Flashcards

Check out the new NINJA CPA Review Flashcards. No additional app needed – it’s all included in the new DOJO that’s been optimized for mobile studying. Want To Try The NINJA Flashcards for Free? Can I send you $162.12 of free NINJA CPA Exam Materials that will will help you… Find The Time To Study […]

NINJA CPA Promo Code

Does NINJA CPA Review have any promo codes? No. NINJA CPA Review doesn’t run promo or discount codes. Most CPA Review courses play the discount code game where they say “this is the price (but it’s not really the price…wink wink)”. NINJA CPA doesn’t play the promo code game. Instead, we offer the same affordable […]

cpa exam simulations

15 New CPA Exam Simulations added to NINJA MCQ

NINJAs, We just added 15 CPA Exam Simulations to the NINJA CPA Review Simulation list. New Simulations: FAR: Consolidation: Eliminating Journal Entries AUD: Evaluating Audit Evidence BEC: Direct vs Absorption Costing (SIM), Expected Value (SIM), Budgeting: Master, Static and Flexible (SIM), Economic Indicators (Written Communication), Financial Statement Analysis (SIM), Performance Measurement (SIM), Capital Budgeting Decision […]

With a Full-Time Job and Two Kids, I PASSED the CPA Exam!

Joe is a [A71 product=”combo”]NINJA CPA blogger[/A71]. Hello Ninjas, This will be my last blog entry as a NINJA CPA. I found out at the last score release that I passed both AUD and FAR to bring an end to my CPA exam journey. My journey with NINJA began about 4 years ago. After not […]

Leave a Reply