According to the Uniform CPA Examination Alert the old format of two simulations will be replaced by 5 or 6 shorter Task-Based Simulations. Unlike the current two simulations, the new simulations will be independent of each other and each question will derive from a new set of information. Once approved by the end of 2008, the new format could be implemented in early 2009.
I was perusing the Uniform CPA Exam's official website – cpa-exam.org and found something that I didn't know existed…archived webcasts. According to these webcasts: –41-45% of all candidates who sit for a section pass it. Thought: This is interesting because the people taking these exams aren't just people who casually went to the center, signed up, showed their 2 forms of signed ID and took the exam. These are people who went through the trouble to get their 150 hours…get their NTS…pay the exam fee…drop a grand or more on review materials and sacrifice valuable time preparing for the exam. Taking the CPA Exam isn't something you just stumble into – it's an intentional process and if you have an NTS in your hand, you haven't taken it lightly. AT BEST, 45% of these CPA candidates passed their exam section, leaving the other 55% wondering what went wrong. Basically, if
My FAR score expires in April and I know this much as of today: I must pass BEC and REG or I have to re-take the beast known and Financial Accounting and Reporting. Ugh. Maybe I shouldn't have celebrated passing FAR by taking a year off? Just a thought. I hate the BEC exam with a passion. It's the most seemingly benign exam, yet I think it's the worst of them all. I also have to take REG again. I got my score comparison in the mail today, so I know at least why I scored a 74.