Get the podcast on iTunes.
Today's Podcast Giveaway: NINJA Ten Point Combo (x2)
Today's Call-in Topics:
- What to do while you wait for CPA Exam Scores – move on to next section? Study the section you're waiting on?
- Staying fresh/motivated while you go through the CPA Exam
- Noteboards – What's the deal?
- Auditing question re: Testing of Controls
Today's Email Questions:
- Norma – I have 2012 study material from my video course and Wiley and the 2013 NINJA Notes. I am planning to take all four parts this year. Do you think I can get away with using the 2012 videos and Wiley material, vs. purchasing 2013 material?
- Randy – What recommendations do you have for preparing for the tax preparer and ethics related questions on REG?
- Maggie – Do you know when the audit reporting standards are changing on AUD? I heard everything is changing starting July 2013.
- Brian – I didn't do all that great on REG. I think the problem I had was reading the chapters too much and not working the questions enough. Would it be a good idea if I focused all my energy on your NINJA notes, flashcards, and multiple choice questions and shy away from the textbook? I feel like I learn better reading cram notes than reading from the text. Have you seen any other student study in this manor and succeed?
- Hershey – I am preparing for FAR and planning to sit for the test in May. But now I am thinking that I should instead sit for Audit since it is going to change in July. What do you think?
- Shauna – Is there a complete IRC database online similar to the one in the exam software (other than the one available in the AICPA sample test program)?
- Adam – I studied my butt off for Audit using a video course and the Wiley test bank. I came out of the exam feeling like I got every question correct. I could not have felt more confident on the exam and the material. I got my score and ended up with a 71. I'm in complete and utter shock at my grade. Have you heard of this before? I feel like my exam was switched with someone else's.
- Sylli – I need to send my resume to one of the Big 4 firms, but I havent started taking the exam yet. Should I put the name of my review course in my resume?
- Andrew – I failed REG for the second time. The simulations are killing me. What can I do to improve in the sims?
- Michelle – It has been a long time since I have taken the exam and I am very nervous about starting this again. I do not remember the information about the new test format for each part, I do not know when the scores come out. I am like a new student with an old past. Please give me your advice on how and where I begin.